Socially & Environmentally Conscious
At Marco’s Café & Espresso Bar we strive to maintain a strong social and environmental conscious in all that we do.
Marco’s Café Now Offers...
- A Trans Fat Free Menu
- All Natural Hormone Free Meats
- All Cage Free Eggs
- Only Fish Approved by Monterey Bay Aquarium "Seafood Watch®" National Seafood Guide
- rBGH or rBST Free Milk
- Equal Exchange Organic Fair Trade Coffee and Espresso
Marco’ Café strives to be socially conscious and responsible by...
- Using Solar hot water
- Extensive recycling including 95% of all waste
- Donating 50-100 meals to St. Francis Dining Hall monthly
- Donating baked goods and soup to charities
Why is our coffee so special?
You are drinking coffee provided by Equal Exchange, an alternative trade coffee roaster who bypasses the conventional market by trading directly with small-scale family farm co-ops. As a result, the farmers obtain higher prices (almost double) for their product. With the increase in equity, the farmers can farm organically. This protects the environment and protects the lives of the farmers who can be poisoned by pesticides. Some co-ops have even funded desperately needed services such as health care, education and transportation. Visit Equal Exchange's website for more information.
"Always good, delicious and nutritious food. It's wonderful how Marco's has such deep concern for healthy people and a healthy planet."
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Carol & Helen